Monday, August 18, 2008

Seeing Ghosts

So last night on the way home from swimming at MiMi's house Caleb gave me quite the little surprise. He was chatting to himself and I just ignored him for a bit thinking he was jibber jabbering like he usually does... But he caught my attention when he asked "whats your name??" He was clearly not speaking to me, but asked him if he was talking to me or not. He said... "No mommy, I'm talking to the man" And he pointed out the window. I didn't immediately think anything and I asked him what who is it. He told me it was a ghost. This is where my heart jumped out my chest. First, he does not know what a ghost is. We have never discussed ghosts with Caleb or what they would look like. Even if he does know something about a Halloween ghost, or say Casper. He described this as a man wearing a hat. He never did give me a name, just kept calling him ghost.

The first person I thought of was my great grandpa who passed away about 8 years ago. I always remember him wearing a hat. Whoever it may have been it obviously did not bother Caleb. But it sure did make my heart skip a beat. I am a very strong believer in the paranormal so I do not believe he was letting his imagination run wild. But I guess only he knows!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

ohhh...creepy! They say that children and animals have that ability, b/c of their innocence. As long as he isn't bothered by it, he should be good. But, I can imagine the feeling you had!! Crazy!